In the meantime, you can begin your setup by logging into the Dealer Panel and accessing the ReviewBuilder Setup page by clicking on Reviews > ReviewBuilder.
Here are instructions for setting up your ReviewBuilder emails + texts:
1. The first thing you’ll notice is a tab for ‘Sales’ and ‘Service.’ This is so you can customize outgoing requests for your sales and service customers.
2. You’ll notice a checkbox that says, “Default to Sending Text Messages.” Checking this box will send your ReviewBuilder request via text message for all customers who are able to receive text messages. Some things to know about this:
- We recommend this method, as most consumers prefer to complete their reviews on a mobile device. In fact, during a beta trial including over 2,500 dealership customers, dealers received a 50% increase in reviews received from customers who received their request via text message.
- Customers will not receive both a text message AND an email. An email will only be sent as a backup if the customer cannot receive the text message.
- To determine if a customer can receive a text message we will make sure we have consent and a valid mobile number for that customer in the data file received from your dealership. If not, or if a text message fails to send to a particular customer, an email will be sent instead.
3. Customize your email template!
- Even with defaulting to text messages, it is still possible for customers to receive the email. Make sure the email they see comes from your voice. This should be done on both the Sales and Service tabs on this page.
4. Set the frequency. This determines when your customers receive the ReviewBuilder request.
- Our recommendation is having it go out the next day (“Tomorrow”) because that’s when the experience is fresh on your customer’s minds. However, you do have the option of delaying the request by 7, 14, or 30 days. ReviewBuilder requests are only sent out once. Choosing 7 days, for example, will not send a request every 7 days.
5. Upload your dealership logo
6. You’ll also notice a tab called “For Social.” This is where you can connect your dealership’s Facebook page and Google location so that you can send reviewers directly to those sites to leave a review.
- If you haven’t already done so, you can connect your dealerships Facebook page and Google location on this tab. This can also be done on your Reviews Dashboard, so if your dealership has already done this, you may see a link to “Enable” Facebook or Google. Clicking this simply allows us to send your customers to Google and Facebook to write their review.
- You will be defaulted into the automatic distribution flow, which uses our Smart Targeting technology to identify where the need for reviews is greatest on all three websites, every day.
- If you prefer to override our algorithm and set your distribution to each sites manually, just click the “Manual” option and you’ll be able to do this.
Other Helpful Information