AutoTrader Review Syndication
AutoTrader has integrated DealerRater auto dealer reviews and ratings on dealer listings. This integration enables dealers to display DealerRater reviews and ratings to help consumers evaluate, connect, and transact with confidence.
Which dealers can utilize this syndication?
Both DealerRater customers and non-Certified dealers can display their DealerRater reviews on AutoTrader.com, although DealerRater customers receive a number of additional benefits.
How can dealers ensure their reviews will appear?
Dealers can request the display of DealerRater reviews and ratings on their AutoTrader page by contacting their local AutoTrader.com representative and providing their DealerRater URL.
What information will be displayed for these dealers?
- On the dealer’s Ratings + Reviews tab on AutoTrader.com:
- The DealerRater 24-month Overall Rating will be displayed along with the scores for each individual ratings category: customer service, quality of work, friendliness, overall experience, and price. There is also a link to ‘Rate & Review This Dealer’
- AutoTrader will display both positive and negative DealerRater reviews, but will allow for filtering by ‘Positive’, or ‘Negative’.
- Each review will include a field for ‘Reason for My Visit’ and ‘Who Helped Me’
- On the individual vehicle details page on AutoTrader.com:
- The DealerRater star rating + lifetime review count, shown as ‘Reviews Powered by DealerRater.’ The lifetime review count is linked to the dealer’s full list of DealerRater reviews on AutoTrader.com.
What advantages do DealerRater customers gain from this syndication?
Resolution Advantage: As a DealerRater customer, a dealer will gain a two-week Resolution Advantage period on both DealerRater.com and the AutoTrader site. The dealer can communicate with unsatisfied customers through a private website panel before negative reviews go live. After two weeks, the review will go live on both DealerRater.com and AutoTrader, assuming the review has not been edited or removed by the consumer. Dealers who are not DealerRater customers do not receive the benefit of the two-week Resolution Advantage period on DealerRater.com or AutoTrader.
Who should dealers contact for more information?
Dealers should contact their local AutoTrader.com representative.