Cars.com Review & Employee Profile Syndication
Consumer reviews posted on DealerRater now appear on Cars.com, alongside the reviews the site collects. This integration expands the reach of DealerRater's reviews and grows the existing Cars.com review platform to continue to help arm consumers with the tools they need to make informed decisions on what to buy, where to buy and whom to buy from.
Which dealers can utilize this syndication?
Only DealerRater Connections customers can syndicate reviews to Cars.com
How can dealers ensure their reviews will appear?
DealerRater reviews will begin syndicating automatically to Cars.com within 24 hours after DealerRater Connections enrollment. No additional action is needed by the dealer.
What information will be displayed for these dealers on their Cars.com profile?
- A combined feed of DealerRater and Cars.com reviews will display chronologically on the dealer’s profile page.
- Dealers will display an overall Average Rating, based on the last 24 months of combined Cars.com and DealerRater review ratings.
- Average Rating categories shown are calculated as follows:
- Customer Service + Quality of Repair: combination of Cars.com and DealerRater reviews
- Buying Process + Overall Facilities: only Cars.com reviews
- Friendliness + Pricing: only DealerRater reviews
Public review replies:
- Public review replies posted to DealerRater will also publish on Cars.com
LotShot review content:
- Currently, LotShot photos will not publish on Cars.com, although the review content and ratings will syndicate like any other review
- Cars.com now connects consumers directly to individual salespeople at the dealership. This latest feature, called Salesperson Connect, integrates DealerRater employee profiles with the Cars.com Vehicle Details Page (VDP). For more information on Salesperson Connect, find a press release here
How will DealerRater reviews on Cars.com be identified?
If a review is originally posted on DealerRater, the review will be labeled with DealerRater as the source.
What advantages do DealerRater Connections customers gain from this syndication?
- Exclusive Syndication: Only DealerRater Connections customers can syndicate reviews to Cars.com
- Resolution Advantage: DealerRater customers gain a two-week Resolution Advantage period on DealerRater reviews. The dealer can communicate with unsatisfied customers through a private website panel before negative reviews go live. After two weeks, the review will go live on both DealerRater.com and Cars.com, assuming the review has not been edited or removed by the consumer. Dealers who are not DealerRater customers do not receive the benefit of the two-week Resolution Advantage period on DealerRater.com or Cars.com.
- Salesperson Connect: Only DealerRater Connections customers can showcase top salespeople on their Cars.com VDPs
When can we expect a DealerRater review to post to Cars.com?
DealerRater reviews will post to Cars.com automatically via a daily feed.
Who should dealers contact for more information?
Dealers can call DealerRater Support at 800-266-9455 for assistance with DealerRater reviews. Dealers are also welcome to call Cars.com Support at 888-252-7731 for any questions on their Cars.com account.