Social Marketing: Compose an Instagram Post
DealerRater Connections Dealers can now schedule and publish photos to Instagram, using the Social Marketing platform. This is a powerful way to share images of what sets you apart, such as your inventory, staff, showroom or service accommodations.
Note: To schedule and publish directly to Instagram you first need an Instagram business profile. If you do not already have a business profile, you will need to change from a personal profile to a business profile and connect it to a Facebook business page. Click here for an instructional video.
Next, connect your dealership Instagram business profile account to the tool; find steps for connecting Social Media accounts here.
Steps to Compose an Instagram Post
- Log into your Dealer Panelwith an account which has administrative access for your dealership.
- Select "Social Marketing" from the "360 Panel" heading in the navigation bar along the top of the Dealer Panel; you will be directed into your "Social Marketing" platform.
- Click the red pencil icon
- Choose which accounts to post to, use the ‘X’ to remove a source you do not your post to appear on.
- Compose your post in the box provided. Get creative with a great caption and consider hashtags to increase the visibility of your content.
- For Instagram posts, you can schedule and post single images.
- On the right-hand side, you will see a preview of how your post will appear
- Once you are satisfied with your post, select ‘Post Now' or 'Schedule Post' and it will be submitted to the social media accounts you selected.