How to reconnect Facebook to the Dealer Panel
Facebook can become disconnected from DealerRater from time to time due to an update to the connection-token, often caused by one of the following changes:
Unfortunately, DealerRater has little control over these disconnections since they are being driven by changes on Facebook. However, below are step-by-step instructions on how to reconnect your Facebook page to the Dealer Panel.
- Your Facebook password has changed
- The Facebook token expires
- Facebook makes an update to their platform
1. If you are not already logged into DealerRater, log in to the Dealer Panel with an account that has administrative access for your dealership. 2. If you are not already logged into Facebook, log in to the Facebook account with admin access for the page you are connecting.
2. In the header, under the Reviews tab, select "All Reviews" from the drop-down in the header.
3. Then select "Reconnect Page" for your disconnected page.
4. Remove the connection by clicking the "x."
5. Then, reconnect your desired page by clicking either "Connect Primary Page" or "Connect Service Page."
6. If you are signed as the correct account, the account name should appear in the Continue button.
7. Lastly, select the page you would like to connect to the Dealer Panel.