Tips to Create a Stand-out Employee Profile
Take a good quality profile photo, be easy to recognize!
- Stand in front of a plain background, or your logo
- Go professional with a simple headshot, so prospects will recognize you easily and ask for you by name
- Be your everyday self – a genuine smile and welcoming pose gives a great first impression
Share your story with a personalized bio. Let your customers get to know you.Use these questions to generate your bio:
- What is your role at the dealership?
- How long have your worked here?
- Hometown, family, personal interests
- Personal quote or motto
- Best part of your day
- Your contact info
Let your personality shine, with a video that focuses on the type of experience your customer will expect.
- Plan a professional presentation, recapping some of the details in your bio
- Or, go candid and casual with a smartphone video.
- Better yet - film a live testimonial with a happy customer!
- Using video editing software, add finishing touches such as music, your logo, or graphics
“My name is <name> and I am a <position> here at <dealership>. I have worked here since <year>. I am a multiple-year winner of <award type> awards and am Certified in <certification>. I am proud that <your skills, traits or qualities that help you provide an excellent customer experience>. When I am not at work, you will find me <personal interest, family, etc>. Again my name is <name> and I hope to see you soon at <dealership>”
Promote your completed profile!
- Find your Employee Page URL in your browser’s address bar. Bookmark and save for quick access. Include your URL in your email signature, outbound communication, and social media
- Create a shortened URL and a QR code. A quick web search will reveal many free tools for this purpose
- Are you a Certified Employee? Add your new credential to your LinkedIn profile