Q: What is ReviewBuilder?
A: ReviewBuilder is an automated review solicitation tool, available only to DealerRater Connections Plus and DealerRater Connections Premier dealers. ReviewBuilder helps you quickly and easily grow your dealership’s review volume on DealerRater and other major third-party review sites by automating the review solicitation process of your sales and service customers.
Q: What are the primary features of ReviewBuilder?
A: Primary features include:
- Auto Reminders: Automate the review reminders for your customers and transform your review capture efforts into an efficient, hands-free, repeatable process. Capture a higher volume of reviews across major third-party review sites more quickly – allowing you to leverage the positive stories right away and address unhappy customers before it impacts CSI scores.
- Verified Customers: All reviews that are submitted to DealerRater from a ReviewBuilder request will appear on the website with a “Verified Customer” seal, providing an additional level of trust for consumers that the review was written by a real dealership customer.
- Fast, actionable insight: We’ll text a review request to every sales & service customer 24 hours after their visit. It’s a quick, effortless way for them to write a review – and get you timely insight into your customer experiences. It all happens seamlessly on the DealerRater interface – and will travel far and wide on the unmatched power of DealerRater syndication.
Q: What is a Verified Customer review and why is it important?
A: Verified Customer review is a review for which the author has been verified from actual dealership records. Since the reviews that are generated from ReviewBuilder originate from consumers whose mobile phone number or email addresses came from your DMS records, we can display a Verified Customer seal with their review on DealerRater. Verified Customer reviews provide yet another additional layer of transparency and confidence that the reviews displayed are real reviews written by real customers.
Q: How does the product work?
A: After signing the contract and providing some necessary information, your dealership will undergo a brief setup process with our support team. We may need to connect with a technical contact at your dealership in case any difficulties should arise with capturing the data necessary for sending out the daily review requests. We use that data to send out automated review reminder requests to your sales and service customers 24 hours after their experience (or, at the interval you selected).
Q: Which customers will receive a ReviewBuilder request?
A: All your sales and service customers who have not yet left a review on DealerRater. If a customer has previously left a review through LotShot or anywhere else on DealerRater, they are omitted from the ReviewBuilder request. We will also omit any customers who have been sent a LotShot review request.
Q: When are ReviewBuilder requests sent?
A: We will send the ReviewBuilder request at the interval you selected. On the day a customer is supposed to receive the request, we will send any emails at 11:00am EST and text messages at 1:00pm EST. If a text message fails for any reason, that customer will receive an email at 11:00am EST the following day.
Q: Are you allowed to send text messages to my customers?
A: Your DMS should have a field marking whether or not your customer has opted into phone/mobile communication. This consent is included in the data we receive from your DMS and if the customer has not agreed, or your DMS does not pass this along, we will not send a text message to those customers. Even if the checkbox is selected in the ReviewBuilder setup page, any customers without consent will be sent an email instead.
Q: What will the text or email that my customers receive look like?
A: Here's an example:
Q: How are you receiving my customer’s data?
A: If your dealership uses Reynolds & Reynolds as your DMS provider, we work directly with them. If you use any other DMS provider, we work with Digital Motorworks, Inc. to receive your dealerships’ data. This is outlined in more detail in the ReviewBuilder Agreement you signed when purchasing ReviewBuilder.
Q: What data are you pulling from my DMS?
A: We only pull standard data related to sales and service transactions such as delivery date, details of the vehicle purchased or services performed, and basic contact information including email address and phone number – no social security numbers, credit card information, or other such sensitive information is accessed.
Q: Will my customers need to provide an email address upon leaving a review?
A: It depends. If they received the ReviewBuilder request via email than they will not need to do this, as we’ll already have their email address. If they received the text message we will ask them to create an account on DealerRater with a valid email address upon leaving their review. This is necessary in the case that their review is negative. As a part of our Resolution Advantage feature, you’ll have the ability to reach out to the customer if a negative review is left, and we need their email address for that to happen!
Q: How long does it take to get set up on ReviewBuilder?
A: Once we receive your setup form back, we ask that you allow approximately 1 week for DMI or Reynolds to begin sending us your data and for us to verify and check the data on our end. At that point we will flip you “live” and your customers will begin receiving requests the following day (or at the interval you selected).
Q: Will ReviewShare be included in the ReviewBuilder review submission flow for my reviewers?
A: It depends on whether the ReviewBuilder request is sent via text or email. There are different legal guidelines for text vs. email communication methods.
- Text request: Customers receiving an automated review request via text will be pointed directly to your Write a Review form on DealerRater.com. In accordance with text compliancy laws, we will not present those texted reviewers with any additional sites to share their review.
- Email request: Consumers receiving an email request via email will first be pointed to your Write a Review form on DealerRater.com. If this review is positive, we will present your reviewer with a link to your pre-selected 3rd party site, and invite them to share their review upon that site.
Q: Will ReviewBuilder reviews feed automatically to my dealer website, Facebook, Cars.com profile, etc?
A: Yes! ALL ReviewBuilder reviews will syndicate like any other review you’ve collected on DealerRater. This is true whether the request was sent via text, email, LotShot, or customer self-navigating to your review form. Each review is moderated by our Content Team, syndicated to your website, Cars.com, etc and build into your overall dealership ratings and recommendation rate on DealerRater.com.
Q: Can we still use LotShot?
A: Absolutely! ReviewBuilder works seamlessly with LotShot. ReviewBuilder has built-in logic to detect whether you've sent a LotShot request to your customer. If so, we will not send an automated request.
Q: What can we do to generate the most reviews possible from ReviewBuilder?
A.We recommend a consistent process to help collect as many reviews as you can with ReviewBuilder
- Bring reviews into the customer experience
- Ask the customer to share their story
- Hand them a Rating Reminder card as a reminder
- Mix-in LotShot reviews to add dimension to your reviews with customer photos
Q: What do I have to do to maintain ReviewBuilder?
A: Nothing! ReviewBuilder is truly a “set-it-and-forget-it” product. Once you follow the provided steps to setup your ReviewBuilder page, just sit back and watch the reviews pour in!