The Competition Report in your Dealer Panel allows you to compare your dealer’s review performance on DealerRater against other dealers of your make in your area. To access and use the Competition Report, please follow the steps below:
1) If you are not already logged into DealerRater, Log in to the Dealer Panel with an account that has administrative access for your dealership.
2) Select “Competition” from the “Reporting” heading in the navigation bar along the top of the Dealer Panel.
3) You can select a date range from the drop-down menu, or select “Custom” and choose the desired date range in the fields provided. You can also select whether the report provides daily, weekly, or monthly data points.
4) The competitor fields allow you to search for dealers in your area. Displayed below the search fields is how far away the competitor dealership is from your dealership. Lastly, we display the makes those dealers sell.
5) Below the date and competitor selection section is a simple bar graph showing the review counts of each dealership for the selected time frame.
6) Lastly, we display your dealership's average rating vs your competitor's average rating. The rating goes out to the third decimal place to make it easier to compare the sometimes small differences in ratings between your dealership ratings and your competitors.
Note: these ratings are based on the time range selected.