How to Add a New Employee Profile
If you need to add a new employee profile and listing for any employee listed for your dealership on DealerRater, you can do so through the “Employee Profiles” section of your Dealer Panel. To add an employee profile, please follow the steps below:
1) Log into your Dealer Panel with an account that has administrative access for your dealership.
2) Select 'Employee Profiles' from the 'Profile' heading in the navigation bar along the top of the Dealer Panel.
3) From the 'Employees' page, click on the "Add Employee" button.
4) Enter the employee’s first and last name in the fields provided.
5) Upload a photo of the employee by clicking 'Upload Photo' and browsing for the desired image.
6) Enter a valid email address for the employee in the 'Email' field.
- Note that only one employee profile may be set up at a dealership for any given email address.
7) Enter the employee’s position in the field provided.
8) Choose Account Access from the available options. You can see more information about access levels here.
9) Select the employee’s Department from the drop-down menu.
10) Employee's Mobile phone number, in the field, provided.
11) Enter the URL for a YouTube video in the 'YouTube Link' field to have the video displayed on the employee’s profile page.
12) Enter the dates for how long the employee has been with your dealership and in the automotive industry.
13) Type in any specialties, training, or awards the employee has received.
14) Select languages from the dropdown that apply to the employee.
15) Enter a short bio for the employee's profile.
16) Click the 'Settings' tab above the employee photo space to edit the employee's visibility, notifications, and ability to edit their profile. On the 'Settings' tab:
- The 'Allow Customers to...' options determine whether or not alerts for the various options presented should be sent to this employee. Note that employees with 'Administrator' access have additional notification options.
- The 'Allow me access...' options this user to see when their Leads and Connections.
- The 'Notify me when...' options determine whether the employee's profile can be selected (tagged) on reviews and whether customers can put in a request to contact this employee directly from their DealerRater profile.
- The ‘Allow Customers…’ option makes the employees’ profile visible and lets customers tag them in reviews.
- The 'User can edit their own profile' option determines whether or not this employee can make edits to their employee profile information. Note that this option is only available for employees with 'User' access.
17) Click 'Save Changes' to add the new employee profile.