DealerRater Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How do I add a Dealer Review?
- 2. How can I change my password?
- 3. How do I retrieve my username and/or my password if I forgot it?
- 4. How can I submit other questions, comments or concerns?
- 5. Why do I need to register before adding a dealer review?
- 6. What do you do with the information you collect during registration?
- 7. Does the Message Page give away my user information to the person using it?
- 8. If I’m having trouble getting attention from my Dealer, can DealerRater help?
- 9. Do you have a vehicle lot or sell cars?
- 10. Does your site have Pop-Up Ads or SpyWare?
- 11. Who can write a dealer review?
- 12. What happens if someone affiliated with a dealership writes a review?
- 13. Does DealerRater censor reviews?
- 14. Who can respond to reviews?
- 15. What can a dealership write on the response page?
- 16. I am a dealership, what services does DealerRater offer for me?
- 17. Can a reviewer edit a review after the 2 week Resolution Advanatge period?
1. How do I write a DealerRater Review?
Click here for instructions on how to post a DealerRater Review.
2. I forgot the password for my DealerRater account, what do I do?
If you have forgotten the password for your DealerRater account, you can click here to go to our password reset page - just enter your email address and a new password will be sent to you.
3. How can I change my password once I've logged in to my account?
If you are already logged in to your account, you can click here to update your password.
4. How can I submit questions about DealerRater, or contact DealerRater Support?
To contact DealerRater Support, please click here and use the provided contact form.
5. Why do I need to register before adding a dealer review?
Registering a DealerRater account allows you to edit your review at any time after it has been written, and allows you to view and respond to any messages that have are submitted to you regarding your review. Additionally, requiring that all reviews go through the verification process of being registered to an account helps us to ensure that all reviews displayed on DealerRater are legitimate.
6. What do you do with the information you collect during registration?
Once we have received the information you provided to us during registration, it gets stored in our database. Your screen name is visible along with your review on the Dealer Review page, but your email address is never disclosed, even when someone uses the message feature. We do not sell, lease, rent or license your information to anyone. We may, however, disclose your identity if we feel it is necessary to protect our business or to satisfy any law, regulation, government request or private subpoena.
7. Do the public or private messaging options give away my user information?
No. The initial email and all consequent emails get routed through DealerRater's system, which provides anonymity. The only email address on a visible during the messaging process is a DealerRater email address.
8. If I’m having trouble getting attention from my dealer, can DealerRater help?
While we wish would could directly help resolve any issues, DealerRater is a review site, and does not mediate disputes or become involved in conflict resolution. However, our Certified Dealers take reviewer concerns very seriously and can message a reviewer in an effort to resolve any issues, so if you have written a review about a problem you experienced, make sure to check your email for a follow-up message.
9. Do you have a vehicle lot or sell cars?
DealerRater is not a dealership, nor are we affiliated with one, and we do not sell cars. However, if you are looking for a new vehicle, you'll want to take a look at our Cars For Sale page for listings of cars for sale at dealerships in your area.
10. Does your site have Pop-Up Ads or SpyWare?
Absolutely not! DealerRater is committed to providing the best user experience possible, and that includes making sure that our site is free from harmful or offensive content.
11. Who can write a dealer review?
12. What happens if someone affiliated with a dealership writes a review?
13. Does DealerRater censor reviews?
14. Who can respond to reviews?
The only two parties that may respond to a review are the author of the review and the dealership that is the subject of the review.
15. What can a dealership write in a public response to a review?
16. I am a dealership, what services does DealerRater offer for me?
Click here to check out the details of our Certified Dealer Program and related products.
17. Can a reviewer edit a DealerRater review?
Yes, a reviewer can edit their review at any time.