Dealer Panel: Tools > API Access
All dealerships which participate in DealerRater's Certified Dealer Program have the ability to access DealerRater's API for their dealership's reviews. DealerRater is not able to provide or support custom applications of our API, but are happy to help set up access. API access can be set up through the Dealer panel, by following the steps below:
- If you are not already logged in to DealerRater, log in to the Dealer Panel with an account which has administrative access for your dealership.
- Select 'API Access' from the 'Tools' heading in the navigation bar along the top of the Dealer Panel.
- If API access has previously been set up for your dealership (If you see an access token displayed, or do not see the 'Get API Token' button) please skip to step 6 below.
- If you have not previously generated an access token, click the 'Get API Token' button.
- The screen will refresh, and your access token will be displayed - make sure to leave 'Enable API Access for my Dealership' checked, and click 'Save Changes'
- To activate the access token, click the 'Click here to view and accept the EULA' link.
- On the API End User License Agreement (EULA) page: Enter your access token, Enter your email address, Check that you agree to the terms of the EULA, and click 'Accept'
- Once the access token is activated, click the 'Click Here to see the DealerRater API documentation' link to view information about using the API.